an open letter to my depression

dear depression,
let me introduce myself, before you showed up, i was a happy, carefree girl who loved dancing, listening to music and just being herself. then you showed up. and everything changed. i stopped dancing, i closed myself off, i couldn't bring myself to get out of bed some mornings, and others i would pull myself out of bed to feel like i was drowning. i met your friends. ED and anxiety. they told me lies about myself, they made me second guess everything. they made me extremely self conscious about how i looked, and made me limit everything to become "beautiful". you made me feel like i was being choked and drowned but no one was around to help. you made me feel numb no matter what i did. made me feel useless, like i didn't belong, unwanted, unloved. you told me sweet, smooth lies and i believed them. every single one. when i started on medication to help, you told me that i was weak, that no one would love me because i had to take medicine to do simple tasks, like get out of bed, eat breakfast, go to school. you made me feel like no one cared about me, made me hate my body, hate the way i dressed. i stopped sleeping. i stopped eating. i stopped caring. i felt like i was losing a battle i couldn't win. and i was. i wanted to die. i wanted the pain to end, and then it was like i could breathe again. i found hope. i found the light inside of me. i found the truth.
no more. you will not win the battle. i am strong enough, i am worth it.
no more lies.
meg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

when home isnt home

things i wish i could tell you